Trail Highlights: These 35 miles of loop trails feature high mountain vistas; the trail leads the rider through an array of areas, including scenic Gap Creek and Board Camp Creek. The trail continues through a forest of large pines and hardwoods before passing the unique 2-footed oak tree and an abandoned mine shaft. The trail loops are connected to accommodate riders who want to vary the length of their trips. HELMETS Highly Recommended
Trail complex is open year-round. (Hunting season lasts from mid-November until early December.) Enjoy the beautiful scenery along the Cossatot Scenic and Recreational River
WPG IS NOT CLOSED in November.Be aware that Hunters are in the area and it would be advisable to wear an orange vest or wait till hunting season is over in December.
Fourche Mountain Trail
Trail Highlights: The Fourche Mountain Trail, (formerly Mill Creek Equestrian Trail) offers breathtaking views of Fourche Mountain and Buck Knob. Abandoned silver mines, beautiful streams, and several spectacular views of the Ouachita Mountains are among the trail sites.While this trail network provides horseback riding opportunities, it also offers day hiking, mountain biking, ORV and motorcycle riding...HELMETS ARE RECOMENDED
Sugar Creek Trail
Trail Highlights: Sugar Creek Multi-Use Trail is a network of looping trails that winds over various types of terrain and through a variety of tree types. Rides range from moderately easy to more difficult. Connecting loops offer users an opportunity to explore exciting outdoor opportunities
Things to take and to do before you leave
1. Dry clothing Warm coat,gloves,shoes,socks,pants,shirt, blanket in a water proof bag
2. Extra gas & oil,air pump and tire patch kit, spark plug(s) plugs are known to go bad new or old have a extra!!!
3. First aid kit including personal medicine!!!
4. Extra food &water!!!
5. Some sort of location device and good map of area.
6. A good set of rain gear.
7. Flash,light sticks or some dependable light source.
8. Make sure your OHV is ready- check oil,fill gas tank,tire pressure,coolant level,steering linkage,just be sure its safe.
9. Pay attention to the route you take so you can follow it back if needed. GPS unit really helps a lot here.
10.Never ride alone!!!!!!.........BUDDY SYSTEM!
11.Let some one know where you are going and what time to expect you back. Notify local club you will be in the area.
12. Know the state regulations in which you ride.
Wolfpen Gap is a beautiful place to enjoy, help us keep it that way, please pick up your trash and ride on trails only.
Thank You and have a great ride!